Last Updated: 19/01/20
Betting and gambling should be a fun and enjoyable experience, however Henlow Racing Limited understands that for a small minority of people it can be a problem.
Henlow Racing Limited seek to promote responsible gambling.
We want you to enjoy betting and gambling at Henlow, and to help you to do this, it offers the following guidelines:
- Try to set yourself a limit for betting and losses before you start to gamble.
- We advise that you do not gamble if this may interfere with you daily responsibilities.
- Gambling is not advised if you are recovering from any dependency or are under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Don’t gamble to win or to recoup losses from previous gambling, you should always be able to lose what you wager.
- If you feel that you or someone you know has a gambling problem further advice is available from www.gambleaware.co.uk.
- Problem gamblers who have recognised their situation are offered the opportunity to self-exclude themselves from accessing the premises of Henlow Racing Limited. For more advice on this process please contact the Stadium General Manager.
Henlow Racing Limited support the work of www.gambleaware.co.uk and the care, help and educational resources that they provide for problem gamblers.
If you feel that your gambling is becoming or has become a problem you should ask the following questions:
- Do you miss work, university or change your daily routine to enable you to gamble?
- Do you gamble because you feel bored or unhappy with your life or current situation?
- If you run out of money when you are gambling do you feel despair and want to gamble again as soon as possible?
- When you gamble do you continue until all your money has gone, even money you needed to get your home or eat?
- Have you ever lied about the amount of money you have spent when gambling, or the numbers of hours you have spent in gambling establishments?
- Have other people ever commented on your gambling?
- Have you ever lied, stolen or borrowed money to gamble with or to cover debts you have established whilst gambling?
- Do you set money aside for gambling and are you unwilling to spend it on anything else?
- Has your interest in gambling caused you to lose interest in family friends and hobbies?
- If you gamble and lose do you feel that you must gamble again to win back the money that you have just lost?
- Do arguments, problems and disappointments in life make you feel that you want to gamble?
- Do you feel depressed or suicidal because of your gambling?
The more times you answer yes to these questions the higher the chance is that you a serious gambling problem.
Henlow Racing Limited offers all its patrons the opportunity to self-exclude if they feel that their gambling is becoming a problem for them. For further details on how to self-exclude please contact the Racing Office (0800) 304 7700 x 204.
Self-exclusion is a formal process by which the individual themselves can ask not to be permitted to the premises of Henlow Racing Limited. The self-exclusion will last for a minimum of six months once signed. Please note any self-exclusion agreement would be dependent upon the customer providing a true photographic likeness of themselves to aid in their exclusion from the stadium.
Over 18s Only
No person under the age of 18 years shall be permitted to bet or gamble on the premises of Henlow Racing Limited. Areas where gaming machines are present may be subject to restriction from under 18s. Anyone under the age of 18 found to be gambling or betting may be asked to leave the premises.
For further information:
Henlow Racing Limited T/A Towcester Racecourse