2017 ECC TIMBER PUPPY DERBY
This promises to be one of the most exciting competitions of the year
The fastest pups in the UK and Ireland are set to do battle at Towcester in the coming weeks and this promises to be one of the most exciting competitions of the year. Thanks to the wonderful sponsorship by ECC Timber the competition is set to get a much-needed boost in terms of the prize-money on offer. The winner’s purse is now set at £20,000 and the boost does not stop there, if you make the 2017 final you are guaranteed to pick up at least £1,000.
Make sure you come to Towcester and watch history in the making throughout the heats and of course for the final on Wednesday 15th November.
English Puppy Derby Facts:
• First run in 1929, Jim Syder’s So Green took the competition by storm and landed the final at 4/6.
• The biggest priced winner came in 2001, when 25/1 shot Bringonthemoney landed the competition
• Ireland had to wait until 2014 before they won this event, Pat Buckley guided Lenson Sanchez to victory. Buoyed by that victory Pat Buckley came back in 2015 and won the race again, this time with Droopys Roddick. Can Ireland make it to three wins in 2017?
• 6 out of the last 10 favourites have won the final
• 2017 is the first year this prestigious event will be run away from Wimbledon and the competition has been increased to 48 runners. This means that it will be the first-three to qualify all the way to the final.
To book hospitality packages please click here